SCOTT WILLIAMS ‘ACT ON IMPULSE’ MEISNER WORKSHOP SERIES 2017
Showcast and The Impulse Company Australia are offering 2 Showcast Members a scholarship place on Scott Williams’ Act on Impulse Meisner Workshops in Melbourne & Sydney 2017.
In addition to this, all Showcast members are eligible for a 10% discount off the total cost of the workshop. A $200 deposit is required to book your place and the discount applies to your remaining balance, using the code word SHOWCAST at the checkout.
For both Sydney and Melbourne please contact:
Include your Showcast link and tell us in 100 words or less what interests you about this workshop.
DEADLINE for all scholarship places is Friday June 30th.
Introduction to Impulse
Introduction to Impulse is the perfect course if you’re looking for a complete, intense discovery and immersion in The Meisner Technique.
- Study with the UK’s leading Meisner teacher, Scott Williams.
- Develop a practical and reliable technique that solves the immediate needs of today’s actor – connecting to your emotional truth, easy access for multiple takes/long theatrical runs and maintaining your mental and emotional wellbeing within your work.
- Explore the Meisner technique from its foundation exercises through to text application and what it means to “live truthfully under given circumstances”.
- Learn tools to be present in your body and responsive to your partner.
- Let your acting become truthful, exciting and powerful.
- Discover a deeply joyful, authentic process.
Melbourne: July 15th – 19th, 10-5pm
Venue: Second Story Studios, 222 Johnston St, Collingwood.
Sydney: Wed 16th, 17th, 23rd & 24th August, 10-5pm
Venue: The Seymour Centre, cnr Cleveland St and City Rd, Chippendale.
About Scott Williams
American-born, Scott Williams is an International Director, teacher and the Artistic Director of the UK-based Impulse Company. Scott trained with Sanford Meisner at New York’s Neighborhood Playhouse in the 1970s. He relocated to London in the mid-1990s following a San Francisco-based career as a teacher, director and artistic director for Hillbarn Theatre. After his move to London and the founding of The Impulse Company, Scott has continued his schedule of teaching and directing across the continents for 35 years.
Scott returns to Australia with his highly regarded work, rooted in his training with Sanford Meisner and William Ball, to empower and deepen the work of today’s actor.
You can read his extensive, impressive biography here